PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2023, 10:08
Tartiflette Fan

Received 276 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by GlobalNav
I, but I am concerned about the combat fatigue UKR forces must be experiencing and the short supply of replacement troops. Russia is in a better position, ironically, considering the relatively short period of time individuals are in combat, and the overwhelming superiority in manpower to endlessly replace casualties. I suppose western governments are not blind to these factors, though they give insufficient account of them, but in spite of the superior quality of the UKR fighting man, numbers and time are against them.
If you believe all the reports and videos ( I do ) then the Russians are getting no winter clothing, some of them no food and water, are sleeping in the mud, have no heating. Given this, I cannot see any way the Russkis are in the better position, except they are willing to drive as many soldiers as they have onto the machine-guns of the defenders. This may give occasional wins, but given there is likely not a huge discrepancy in numbers of mobilised soldiers, I doubt it will be a lasting effect.

Obviously one hopes that the numbers of trained soldiers cycling through Poland, UK, US, Germany strengthens their ability beyond simply the numbers involved.