PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe again
Thread: Flybe again
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2023, 17:03
PC767

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RudderTrimZero
I think 4 out of 5 of us new it would end this way. Our regional airline model doesn't work. It's a bloody crying shame it doesn't considering how bad and expensive our railways are. The reason it doesn't work... most people don't even know it's possible to fly from Birmingham to Edinburgh. When considering they have to, they'll go online to find a coach or plan to drive. And dare I say it, most of the UK population have never even heard of FlyBe. The marketing always was terrible.
Also it no longer makes sense to fly most domestic routes. I gave up on the BA Man-Lhr route whilst I a small advantage of working for BA. The airport and baggage, even hand baggage, experience was dreadful. Arriving 2 hours prior to a scheduled 40 minute flight also makes little sense. With planning I often booked first class on the train for a similar price, and had a much better experience.

I also hold 'us' the public in contempt for wanting everyyhing for next to nothing and believing that certain low cost carriers provide as such.