PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cabin Crew 2023
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2023, 00:28
Mel2022QF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the medical:

Agree with EKAdelaide that they would be looking at our overall result, of course we need to complete the tasks.

Different Bodycare will likely have slightly different equipment like every gym does but the equipment shouldn't make any difference overall to how you get on. Mine used a barbell for the overhead push and the floor to waist 32kg lift it was a gym box with a bunch of weights in it.

I found the medical was nerve-wracking, despite the preparation work I'd been doing in the gym, and I regularly train and lift weights.

I was worried about my blood pressure and heart rate going into the medical, I measure it all the time and it's normally optimal/normal but the anxiety of the medical was showing high results when I would measure it at home that week in anticipation.

To keep your heart rate down I suggest go into the medical well rested, no caffeine in the system. Ask them if your resting BP/Heart rate shows high results if they don't say anything, they might give you an indication and if it is tell them you're anxious, it's totally understandable in context.

With the step test, I imagine that they would want to see your heart rate at the beginning and the end and not see that there was a significant increase in those 3 mins. My advice is focus on your breathing and take it calmly. What wouldn't be good is is your heart rate shoots up quickly.

Good luck all, I know the medical can be tough because it's that final hurdle, but do what you can to prepare beforehand and big breaths during you'll be fine