PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2023, 05:46
Beer Baron

Received 153 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Ollie Onion
It came close in around 2017, I was at a meeting were some very senior managers said that Joyce wanted Group Seniority to address retention of pilots.

That was as far as it it went because guess what, it got shot down by Mainline unions and the company dropped the idea in favour of the current system. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies, simple as that.

I was also at a meeting where the head of AIPA shot down supporting a Jetconnect court case for equal pay to the mainline pilots as it was their position not to support any pilot flying a Qantas Branded Aircraft unless they were employed on the Mainline contract. So you can call me sceptical if you like but I have seen AIPA give the middle finger to group pilots on a number of occasions where there may have been some significant benefits for the group at nil cost to the Mainline Award.
This is pure garbage.

Regarding a Group seniority list:
- I was on the AIPA committee in 2017 and a Group Opportunity List had long been our stated desire.
- Why would Mainline shoot it down, it doesn’t effect anyone at Mainline negatively so why would they care.
- And finally, as if Joyce gives a sh1t what we wanted. If the CEO wanted a Group list then there would be a Group list today. The bloke locked us out and stood us down, our feelings don’t factor much in his decision making.

As for AIPA not supporting a court case to get Jet Connect equal pay to mainline…. IT WAS AIPA’s COURT CASE!

Do some basic research, AIPA took Qantas to court to get JetConnect covered by Australia industrial law. Ie. put their pilots on the SH EA. It went to the full bench of the FWC and we narrowly lost 2-1. So your assertion is patently absurd.
AIPA Vs Qantas/JetConnect article

Last edited by Beer Baron; 8th Feb 2023 at 06:28.
The following 4 users liked this post by Beer Baron: