PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopters mothballed without seeing any service.
Old 8th Feb 2023, 01:44
Baldeep Inminj

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by pr00ne
Wrong. The H135 in storage are the new build bought direct from Airbus to replace the AAC Gazelles used by 5 Rgt at Aldergrove.

The extra helicopters bought by Ascent were for use by No. 1 FTS to support an increased throughput.

Thanks for the clarification - so the 1st sentence I wrote, in which I clearly said 'I believe' because I was not sure, is incorrect, hence why I said 'I believe' and not 'I know'. You have been very helpful.

However, your statement is misleading. The extra 145's were bought because Ascent selected the H135 for rearcrew training, despite people informing them at them that it was unfit for purpose. They then needed to buy additional H145's to train rearcrew as they finally were forced to admit, after many months of insisting the H135 was suitable, that it was not. The H145's were needed so that Ascent could actually train rearcrew.

The H145's were bought so Ascent could actually meet the contract they had signed and this demonstrated beyond doubt the utter incompetence of the Ascent model.

Last edited by Baldeep Inminj; 8th Feb 2023 at 10:56.