PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill Mosquito
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2023, 22:29
GeeRam

Received 76 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Stratofreighter
So, is this the ex-highball spec B.Mk.IV, DZ452, that has been for sale for for a while, by AvSpec, being advertised at $9m fully complete and flying?
Would be a crying shame if so, to 'convert' this into a FB.VI, instead of its original B.IV configuration, especially given the rarity of the B.IV.
I can't think of any other Mossie project available, given they say it will be the 5th Mossie by AvSpec, and there was confirmation by Maurice Denholm of AvSpec last month and photo's posted of the former Glyn Powell owned, FB.26 in the hangar was being started on for a US customer, which will clearly be the 4th one they have done.
Even doing two alongside each other, I'd be surprised if they can do both in 3 years timescale, even having already done 3 of them.

Or I wonder if Maurice Denholm was being evasive by saying the ex-Glyn Powell FB.26 was for a US customer, and this is the one for Biggin Hill?
However, if so, it would be the 4th one not the 5th one? This FB.26 (Aussie built FB.6) was the project that was supposed to have been that the Pathfinder Trust had acquired but who seemed to have disappeared now without trace.