PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PICUS in logbook
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2023, 13:39
maxpod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

Thank you for the explanation. The MPL didn’t exist when I went through training so I’m better informed now. From what you’ve said you were given approval to log PICUS so unless the company revise that then perhaps easier to continue as you were. If the new pilot wasn’t a friend you would have never known that the new manager had a different interpretation of the rules. Oh and my comment about pilots being jealous of the time off wasn’t a criticism! I was trying to be being light hearted in saying enjoy it while you can. I was in exactly the same situation when I started with lots of time off. One of my very experienced colleagues who had retired from a well known UK airline said the same thing to me.

Anyway, good luck in your career. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have.
Yes MPL is pretty new, well it has been existing for a few years already but let's say it's only now getting known and more recognized. Yes true, I would have never been aware of these 1000 hours requirement. For now I'll keep logging PICUS hours whenever captains can sign me off. At best it will count, at worse it will be SIC hours and I'll start logging again as from 1000 hours onwards, in the end I'm doing nothing wrong.. Big thanks for your answers and good wishes, much appreciated!

​​​​​​​The log book is a personal document. The correct manner in which you record your flying has nothing to do with your employer. You should contact the state that issued your licence for clarity, no one else.
Alright, I'll send them an email then, they might be indeed the best persons to answer this question. I know it takes a few weeks to get answers from CAAs that's why I posted here in order to get some opinions / advices.

Thanks for your help guys!
​​​​​​​Max