PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Poor customer service costs UK firms billions – so why can’t they get it right?"
Old 6th Feb 2023, 10:40
Rwy in Sight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PAXboy
Yesterday I encounterd another aspect of modern 'customer services'. We needed to put some things into storage for three months whilst we do a project. Many companies compete and I selected one based 50% on their service by email and phone.

When I had completed the paperwork with them and was about to leave, I had this exchange with the assistant:
"We would appreciate a Google review, if you can."
Yes, I can do that.
"It's just that we get assesed by those reviews"

We talked a little further and I could see that it was another way that the corporate world outsouce their staff managment to someone else. They have decided to read what customers put online, rather than understand their own staff. I will give them a good review because that is part of why I selected them but I feel very sad for the staff. She also said that she works part time but had to meet the same review targets as full time staff.

A few yers ago, I had the same request from a car salesman, although that was a paper feedback form. Happily, I did have a good experience and could answer honestly. When I started work, it was still called Personnel, then it bacame Human Recources, now?
I work as customer service agent. We used to be rated by a member of the staff - based on using specific text or how our voice was heard. Company scrapped that employee review system. Instead we are judged by the customer on how we performed on Fist Contact Resolution, Net Promoter Service (or something like that), Customer Satisfaction and Average Handling Time. The customer gets an automated call after we hang up. Problem is the customer does listen very careful on what the scales are and he may use the system to attract attention from management by giving the agent a bad grade.