PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB to probe Fedex/Southwest close encounter at Austin
Old 6th Feb 2023, 09:10
bean

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by olster
The last video is interesting. The Virgin crew were evidently uptight about the SW pushing in front. However, in the context of US ops the uncontrolled ramps and ambiguous control authority has caused confusion for non based nationalities. JFK being a classicum example. Personally I would have let it go and I speak as a Brit and long time ago ex VS. To be frank and in particular I found the questioning of the SW crew rather embarrassing. If you are going to operate into the continental North America you need to understand the local m.o. There is no point having an aeronautical equivalent of road rage just because the operation is different from Hounslow international.However the previous incident relevant to this thread is a shocker. Continued errors nearly leading to catastrophe. The loss of SA from ATC and SW is spectacularly alarming.
.When BA had their own terminal they always called for push on JFK ground.
All airliners on JFK ground call for taxi from their respective alleyway. Leaving it to ground crew to judge when to push in AUS is pathetic
This controller also appears to be half asleep in both videos.