PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Wigston survive the onslaught?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 19:20
biscuit74

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear me. Having just seen that, I am appalled. The Air Chief Marshall was nervous, uncertain in his answers and clearly out of his depth in that position. As others have said, his whole demeanour suggested discomfort and uncertainty. Mid level management someone said - hardly even that. In my last company there'd have been a loud bark of 'stop waffling and answer the b**** questions' from the top boss after a few minutes of that.

Where was the emphasis on 'we need more, we need it now, or as soon as' ? Most of that seemed to be excuses for current inadequacies. We are where we are; accept that and move on. To be shown up by a bunch of politicians - for shame !

Having had the pleasure of meeting another VSO recently, I was impressed by the (pleasant) crispness and decsiveness he showed. No waffle. So we still have them, just not right at the top. Something wrong with the selection process. I don't think I'd like to serve in a unit led by that gentleman; too much dither showing. It was said many years ago by one warrior that he'd rather follow someone decisively wrong - at least you know where you are going and hence how to change course!

ACM Wigston - would your guys happily follow you I wonder?

Last edited by biscuit74; 4th Feb 2023 at 16:46.