PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US General says British Army less than Par?!?!?!?
Old 31st Jan 2023, 19:16
cynicalint

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Finningley Boy
This doesn't read like a full spectrum approach, it all reads like sanitised jargon to put across an image of efficacy and goodwill. About the only combat role admitted to is air defence, everything else is aid relief, prevention and cooperation with the entire world just about. No mention of Ground Attack, Tactical Strike (strictly defunct since the removal of WE177s), anti-shipping, Interdiction? The tone seems to try and avoid any suggestion that the modern RAF might actually need to go to war again. I wonder what a similar mission statement for the Ukrainian Armed Forces would read like, if the same corporate double speakers that wrote this were awarded the task?

FB
I agree entirely. I did qualify my post with Please take into consideration that these are Politico Languages . We are no longer an Air FORCE, but an Air service to support humanitarian disasters or to cover up Politicians poor decision making, without the means to do so.
The following users liked this post: