PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 30th Jan 2023, 06:23
tossbag

Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
I couldn't tell if tossbag was serious or just being tongue-in-cheek
The aviation industry in Australia is small, and insular. It also bears grudges. However, it was tongue in cheek, I'm sarcastic by nature. Having said that, a couple of mates were early recipients of the E3, one mate in particular interviewed at Virgin, Jetstar (twice) and wasn't good enough for them, despite being a CAR217 checky and having a great resume. Do ya reckon Virgin and Jetstar would change their tune and welcome him into the fold after returning from the States? Don't think so. There is an attitude amongst a great many Australian pilots that you are cheating if you get a US ATP and that the Australian ATPL has a far higher standard, that may be the case theory wise, but you will get a far broader practical experience in the States and an Australian based pilot cannot bear the thought that someone else may be better than them. The fella I speak of progressed to T&C before scoring a green card and moving onto the 320 with a major. There was zero chance of him ever getting there in Australia.

There seem to be a number of Austronauts who are convinced that the E3 is a trap, that it will turn to ****. The Australian aviation industry is a far greater turd than the US will ever be. So what if in 2 or 3 years it ends, great experiences will have been had. The pilots can come back to Australia, infiltrate the airlines and whenever any situation crops up they can say 'in the States, we used to do it this way' and sit back, laugh and listen to the ranting and raving that creates.
The following users liked this post: