PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2023, 23:22
FlyingOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitemonk Returns
OK so just got back from the assessment and it seemed to go pretty well... I have a few further questions if people wouldn't mind filling in the blanks. I haven't received an offer yet but I didn't mess up the sim so I'm working on the basis that I will get one. How does the seniority system work? I understand I would be looking at 6 years + for command but how exactly does that work in terms of if I meet the upgrade requirements in 2 years do I have to wait for everyone above me on the seniority list to get upgraded before my turn or would I skip those above me who don't meet the requirements? what are the upgrade requirements? Is it the same for DEC, 6000 hours MPA? Is the company accommodation any different between Captain and FO? Would an FO be able to get a 4 bedroom place? Do you get a cargo allowance for the move over?

they gave us figures of approx 8000 dollars per month if you took the company accommodation, is this accurate? cheers in advance, think I have a big decision to make next week
Assuming you meant US Dollars:

Basic + transport aprox $6.5K,
with Flt pay aprox $8.5K (70 hours).
On Boeing fleets expect to fly a lot more.

The above is based on living in company provided accomodation, as an FO it’s highly unlikely you get a 4 bed, these are usually reserved for skippers with families.

OW