PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 29th Jan 2023, 22:32
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stillcallozhome
Kenny did it. Although he went back to US in the end. It’s something I wish I did but family wise, wasn’t an option (Sorry Kenny, hope you don’t mind me saying so).

For all those that go, then want to come back, it was possible when the “market” was tight. It’s only going to get easier in terms of returning. Go have fun! Enjoy it. You’re crazy not to. One thing about aviation though, it will always be different tomorrow.
Nope, don’t mind at all.

Ironically, the only reason I returned to Oz to fly was because there were a lack of options in the USA at the time (2010). But yes, ultimately I returned to the US and it was the single smartest decision I‘ve made in career that’s been marked by really sh!t timing.

Loved the lifestyle in Sydney, Enjoyed doing a single 3 day trip to Bali, every week. Made some great friends and met some interesting people.

Hated, the pedantic and anal training culture but ultimately made my peace with it.. Stunned by the shear and unbelievable arrogance I encountered in more than a number of my colleagues. I kept my head down but tall f#cking poppy syndrome is alive and kicking in 21st century Australia. (Being a 737 Captain does not, I’m afraid to break it to you, mean you are god).

As I used to say, the Yanks may have invented aviation but the Oztralians have perfected it.

Last edited by Kenny; 29th Jan 2023 at 22:47.