PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2023, 04:02
Snr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alrosa
I suspect if not TR on the A32x, you’d be looking at a TR course no earlier than summer for LHR. Don’t hold me to that though. Once confirmed in the hold pool a kind soul might give you a slightly better idea. My understanding is if you only applied to LHR and didn’t tick yes to LGW, you won’t be offered LGW/EF.

Same advice I’d give to anyone applying for any other airline in the U.K. - don’t be handing in notices or making plans until you have a contract in your hand with a start date; expect a long and drawn out recruitment process with large gaps between applying, assessments and courses.

The only exception I can think of is Ryanair U.K. that want you on the line asap, and will process you very quickly. But this isn’t about them.
Not very long and drawn out for me - between assessment day in Dec, Sim, and phone call with the job offer was a total of 14 days. Offered a course iaw my 3 month notice. Everyone's experience will be different, but it happened a lot quicker than I was expecting.