PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2023, 21:58
Confusious

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Raph737
You are absolutely right! But I’m not sure how is that going to work having a “parallel” operation and one master seniority list. I don’t know if it will be any different that the BA main + BACF deal. They can make these promises but historically they don’t keep them or there are caveats.

The package at EF is poor, should there be shortages at LHR they may be reluctant on transferring from EF as it’s difficult to recruit for EF. It happened the same at BACF so I’m rather sceptical. I could be wrong, but the fact that they needed roadshows at LTN(snatching Wizz and Ezy crew?)and the help from recruitment agencies (not cheap) suggests there aren’t enough applicants for EF.

They should open direct entry at LHR before any consideration in allowing transfers. Speculation I know, but that’s my two cents as an observer.

I think anyone who has the expectation that they are transferring to LHR after the fleet freeze in five years, don’t know what BA is about unfortunately.
Valid points about BA changing the goalposts with Mainline/BACF. I guess it all hinges on whether anything is written into the EF contract either directly or implied regarding the reliability of BA's promises.