PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 26th Jan 2023, 02:49
MechEngr

Received 196 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by WillowRun 6-3
Every part of the indictment you either stated or implied against the Ethiopian airline or the government of that country, or both, may be valid and true, MechEngr.

That having been said though, why shouldn't NTSB have taken issue with the accident report, or done so in such a formal manner? Or is your point not that NTSB should have merely shrugged it off, but rather are you trying to impress upon those readers here who might be a ton less cynical and world-wise, the more enlightened understanding of the true state of affairs?
The reply was to the situation in the cockpit regarding MCAS as the cause of the chaos. On that basis your response is nonsensical.

My agenda is to focus on all elements regarding safety and not to ignore major ones, an oversight which the NTSB and other ICAO participants attempted to rightfully correct when the flawed Ethiopian report skipped their own actions. I didn't suggest or imply the NTSB should shrug off anything, though I would have liked to see the investigation include the SMYD giving a false report; I don't recall seeing that mentioned.

If the airline were instead operated by a hedge-fund backed venture capital firm that got it via leveraged buyout and saddled it with insurmountable debt, would that make an ethical difference when they continued to fly? Would they be held blameless for operating in the face of a known fatal hazard after taking no steps to mitigate it?