PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blades - blunted
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2023, 12:29
NutLoose

Received 2,823 Likes on 1,203 Posts
Originally Posted by uxb99
They are. But those regulations are mostly in response to dreadful accidents. It's a shame to see the Blades go. They were one, if not `the` best team on the circuit. Sorry Reds but you let the side down last year. Another example of the terminal decline of team GB.
Yes I can see both sides of the reasons, but at Shoreham those killed were outside of the airfield, those attending purchased tickets that state you accept the risk involved in the small print on the tickets, so throwing the display lines further away from the crowd means aircraft are in effect displaying off the field and that is in direct conflict with those that have not purchased a ticket so haven't accepted the risk and are trying to get a cheap day out. Yes I know they have areas they now classify as built up areas that make it nigh on impossible to hold shows at some events, hence the demise of events, we will eventually end up with those over the Sea and the likes of Cosford and RIAT, the rest will go partly due to fuel and insurance costs.
Now I know crashes happen, they do in all walks of life, but airshow wise the only ones I can think of that involved the crowd are few and far between, in fact positively rare in the UK