PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Warship: Tour of Duty
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2023, 10:41
MENELAUS

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by welshwaffu
Oh dear, I’m feeling very old – it wasn’t like that in my day.

Yes, way too much focus on ‘characters’ like Lambert. I don’t need to eves drop on his phone call to his partner and he even has someone to help him put his whites on for Commander's defaulters! Oh, and that was a very nice ‘interview’, the only things missing was coffee and biscuits FFS!

The ship exists to project our influence and military power beyond the horizon with the Fleet Air Arm. I didn’t see any input from aircrew, maintainers or the briefing room.

It might improve but it looks to me like an audition for a future reality show.
Agreed. Far too much fecking aromatherapy. And you can’t speak too harshly to Jack these days as he / she/ they might cry.
As to our AB Chef legend in his own standeasy, agreed, far too much exposure; whatever Essex trailer Park he was dragged out of is missing its coke dealer.
Frankly turning up 6 hours adrift under sailing orders would have had him polishing galvanized buckets with brick dust back in the day in some fairly average accommodation in Pompey; and he’d have been better for it. Instead did nothing but whinge about not being on Queens’ Divisions, his rig, which, frankly, he should be proud to wear, and his non existent punishment. Combine that with non combatant female sailors, and the vicar of Dibley. ROMFT.
Great shame as Chris Terrill ( the oldest man and civvy to complete the All Arms course) has made some great documentaries in the past.
The following 3 users liked this post by MENELAUS: