PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR - Roster patterns
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 16:34
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by midnight cruiser
I never hit 135k at Ryanair, even in the one year (out of many) that I exceeded 800 hours, in most years; nowhere near. Then take off all the out of pocket expenses that are normally funded by the employer, and then take off standard T&C items like (increasingly essential) health cover, LOL, leave bidding (which rejects almost everything) etc and the package looks very inferior ... and still fresh in people's minds is how they had to make do on the basic government covid furlough handouts, and nothing more; and the 10% pay cut as a"welcome back"; Fair weather friends. So it comes down to how much you are willing to forego to get the 5/4 roster.
Here we are. Same here. As FO I didn’t get any of the leave I wanted. Not many did from those I have spoken to.
Every company has its negatives. BA when you’re junior it’s a bit crap. Probably working every weekend. 5 years in on SH from my previous colleagues they are getting more of the days they want off. Jumping to LHS yes you go to bottom of seniority but everyone joining BA knows this.

So you say BA Euro is poor. They need to up it for sure. Not by much. I compared my roster to my mates at LGW. Yes I had more days off but he hasn’t done any 4 sectors out of LGW. 2 sector days no more than about 10hrs duty time was his max. That was a “long” day.
Easy to swap days plus on master seniority plus staff travel, private medical, uniform, etc.

Heres RYR:
Captain Basic £105,000 1st upgrade £91,500

2nd £98,250

Allowance £6,000

Annual Leave £2,897

Sector Pay £14,714

Pension £8000

Total Annual Pay (850hrs) £136,611 after 3rd year

Schedule Block Hour Rate (SBH)£17.31

FO After 1500hrs

Basic £50,000

Allowance £5,500

Annual Leave £2,897

Sector Pay £8,662

Pension £3,000

Total Annual Pay (850hrs) £70,058

Schedule Block Hour Rate (SBH)£10.19

RYR Allowances: Loss of Licence, Health Insurance, Sim Allowance, Car Parking, Medical, Uniform/ID, Water, Phone.

So if you going to compare like for like.

Take allowances and pension off RYR as they are not included in BA.

BA LHR FO £65k basic without extras. Extras £15k say. Will be more than that.
A very close mate of mine hasn’t been below £4200 in his pocket since he started last year. £3k pay rise every year guaranteed. Negotiations on top of that. So……..
£125k basic as FO after 20 years. Plus around £15k. £140k as FO.

Plus you would have a lot of say over your roster.
Plus staff travel world wide.
ect etc.

Last edited by AIMINGHIGH123; 23rd Jan 2023 at 16:48.