PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 03:32
cxflog

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tossbag
There is the general vibe, in that Australian pilots who are deemed not good enough for the handfull of airlines in Australia, make their way to the States and actually progress. Some of them are now commanding regional jets, some of them are commanding NB jets and if not already, they'll be commanding WB jets. Some of them now have Greencards and will be flowing to the majors. If you want to wave your Austronaut dick, check out the latest Delta contract, it's eye watering. And soon there will be Australia sucking on that teat. 4-5 months to command on some types at Delta.

The vibe is that Australia is an aviation **** hole. I can give you any number of 'peer reviewed' stories about the joke interview experiences Australian pilots have participated in in Australia. And the respect you are treated with in the US compared. I'll give you 10's of stories on the QOL that ****s all over the rubbish you work here and the list goes on.
I don’t usually agree with every one of your opinions but you’ve hit the nail right on the head with this one.
The following users liked this post: