PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 22nd Jan 2023, 14:26
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by morno

Ohh and no Australian exceptionalism here, if anything I’m picking up some RJ exceptionalism because they can read a checklist on how to de-ice. The number of pilots from Europe that I’ve flown with that laugh when I ask how hard it was to do all the de-icing etc., and explain that once you’ve done it a few times it’s a non-event, tells me that it really is a non-event.
If that was aimed at my post, you apparently didn't read the entire paragraph. My comment was in the context of a winter storm (not an unusual occurrence) in Chicago. Which, obviously you have absolutely no experience of.

Deicing on its own isn't difficult and yes, pretty much a non-event. However, throw in everything else I mentioned (Again, ops normal for ORD) and it's inherently made more difficult and far more than you'd have to deal with in Australia, in my experience. I would think that's obvious.

And BTW, I'm too old and far too jaded to care anymore about any perceived exceptionalism, or for that matter who fly's what.
The following users liked this post: