PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Full OLDI question
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2023, 18:43
jangler909

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full OLDI question

Greetings fellow controllers! Has your ACC implemented "Full OLDI" -coordination with neighbouring (ACC) units, are you going with simple automatic estimates only, or even no OLDI at all and relying solely on telephone lines? I was assigned a task to find out a few examples how ACC-ACC coordination is performed around the world, and hoping you guys can help me. I'm not looking for a thorough and complete list of messages used, but more like a general overview. The biggest interest is in if you have gone so far that you are able to propose shortcuts, speeds etc. with a mouse click to the controller in another ACC unit. All answers are highly appreciated!

I'll start myself by listing what we got here in Helsinki ACC (Finland).

Estonia: transfer of control, level revision messages, level proposals, shortcut proposals, route change, etc (basically all bells and whistles)
Sweden: transfer of control, level revisions and route
Norway: estimate messages only (no revisions)
Russia: we just had implemented additional OLDI features (transfer of control & revisions) until the war broke a few weeks later, and all OLDI lines were cut. Now using telephone, which is a PITA...

Within the FIR we have only a single TopSky-system (including airports), so all coordination inside the national borders is done within the system.