PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonza has its AOC
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2023, 03:48
Deano969

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
Jet fuel isn't free. Flying empty aircraft is more expensive than NOT flying empty aircraft,
So what do you suggest Mr Negative

Just keep the birds on the ground?

You can bet your last dollar the first few of months will be choccas......
What with media, PR peeps, flight reviewers, QF staff checking things out
And of course travers waiting for the launch to get their cheap seats

So many on here are just so negative....

777 have a bit if experience with Flair with fares regularly under $50 and sales as low as $9
Granted you can book on a website with Flair, but I'd reckon Bonza will eventually go back to this booking option

Do you not agree that with sub $100 fares, Bonza may very well stimulate travel from regions to the Sunny Coast and beyond?
3-4 day cheap getaways....
And for all those experts that say the 737 MAX is to big, a smaller bird simply can't generate the revenue for this LCC model to succeed
A 100 seater still has similar operating costs but too few seats to be viable at $50 fares

Whilst I concede that a few regional pairs may not perform to Bonzas expectations, I'd reckon that quite a few will

I think that many on here don't understand that the Sunny coast has a large percentage of people that have relocated from interstate and not just Sydney or Melbourne and Sunny Coasters heading off for family reunions both south and north will make up a fair percentage of Bonzas passengers
Add to this, non stop to these regional destinations from Brisbane (yes 1 hour drive to MCY) will also be enticing given the fares on offer
1/3 the price and and a 1 hour drive
Verses
2-3 hour connections at Sydney
So that's another market ripe to be tapped

AB IMO will likely expand into other routes such as OOL CNS BNK and more AVV mid term and long term to SWA

I reckon they have JQ firmly in their sights..............
The following users liked this post: