PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepal Plane Crash
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2023, 17:37
ele

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Live video

Some have been asking how a video set to “'friends only'” on Facebook could be possibly shared.
Well even if the video is not “public”, as a Facebook friend you can still download it as a file to your mobile phone or PC (no consent of the video owner required), and send it as a normal video, or upload it on YouTube or such. There are simple ways to download a Facebook video (I just tried it myself 5 minutes ago and it works, very easily), you just have to be a “friend” of the video owner to have direct access to it, and you can do it.
So no need to have a sim card or whatever, live videos remain stored anyway on Facebook pages.
Regarding the fact that (at the beginning) passengers in the video didn’t scream: they simply had no idea it would get SO tragic, plus, as a pax, steep turns when landing in mountainous regions are somehow expected. Let me add this: I had (as a passanger) an aborted landing in Mexico city airport last March 2022 (just 30 meters or so from the tarmac), and nobody screamed. Just an example.
Also, all the details “match”: even the Yeti logo on the seat, even the ad (in red, with 2 actors on it) on the back of the seat in front of the person recording the video (the ad has been identified). This level of “reality-perfection” in a matter of hours can only be reached if the video is genuine.
By the way a list of foreign passangers on that flight has surfaced on Twitter (including passport numbers, ehm…) and the Indian man from the video is on the list, as a foreigner, with his others friends from Ghazipur.

Last edited by ele; 18th Jan 2023 at 18:06.