PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP Non-Type vs Type-Rated License: Concerns About Checkride
Old 18th Jan 2023, 14:08
McMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyfurby
Thanks a lot for the update,

Yes they do offer 737 for the type but I guess the ATP will be in another A/C

Btw I have an IAA licensce and I have to get the foreign verification letter how long did it take?

There is a course starting on the 6th of february but im not sure If i will be able to make it by then.

Did you got type ?

regards
the course at AA is on the 320. but doesn’t really matter, it’s more a demonstration of jet aircraft performance and characteristics so doesn’t really matter what types you‘ve flown before.

My verification came back within 10 days iirc. Did not need it as it‘s only required if you do the practical bit which I couldn’t do this time around. Will have to go back at some point this year and do the course and checkride.
If you only intend to do the ATP-CTP course and written exam then you’re fine without the verification.
Courses start on Mondays normally, finish Saturday or Sunday, you can then do the written on Monday morning before starting the B737 course. But I believe the 737 sims are not in FLL.

Courses are filling up quickly, maybe give them a call and see if you can reserve the spot for the time being until you‘ve figured out the rest. They will walk you through the whole process.

Last edited by McMax; 18th Jan 2023 at 14:11. Reason: Additional inform