PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Euroflyer
Thread: BA Euroflyer
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2023, 10:12
RPat01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FACoff
And they’d be right. Even after the latest (negligible) pay rises you’re starting off almost £30k behind an EasyJet skipper from day 1, who operate next door as a much bigger and secure operation. Loyalty bonuses at Easy roughly match the increments at Euroflyer so for the first 12 years your pay won’t even begin to catch up.

BA are once again showing their arrogance in assuming their MSL carries more weight than it does. Most significantly, they’ve shown their true colours during covid and how they simply can’t be trusted. They’d sell Euroflyer to the highest bidder in a heartbeat if the conditions suited them.

Grass is always greener of course, I’ve fallen into that trap. Some will place greater value on having the ability to move fleets than others.
Anybody wanting to join BA as a DEP but meets the requirements for the non-type rated DEC at EF will surely take that option? During the time you would have been earning a FO salary at BA, you’d be earning more (yes, less than EZY skipper) but potentially have the chance to move across to LHR at some stage in the future should the opportunity arise. (I know, I know)

As you’ve mentioned, has it’s associated risks but for someone in their late 20’s to early 30’s, operating elsewhere as a skipper, this looks like a great opportunity?