PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA flights stopped. FAA computer outage.
Old 14th Jan 2023, 10:12
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll just say, MechEngr, for now anyway, that if an observer focuses response to the oversight letter on the Chairman, Rep. Graves (I'm not on a first-name basis with Cabinet Secretaries or Members of Congress), without considering, (i) the letter bears the signature of the Ranking Member; (ii) 120 other Members inked it also; (iii) this letter was completed and in a manner which gained this quite evident bipartisan support and endorsement very quickly - despite the rancor and sideshow nonsense so popular in some precincts of the Congress - then it does seem that such an observer has some sort of bias unfavorably inclined toward the Chairman.

Is it your position, Mech (I guess I can start on this forum, acquiring first-name propers with people so knowledgeable about the ways and workings on Capitol Hill) that no oversight is called for? Unless your answer is an unequivocal "yes" - meaning you think nothing should emanate from the Committee in the nature of oversight - and since you obviously do not approve of the letter just issued, what would the oversight letter you would write, or approve and sign, say? I know I'm pressing attorney form here, so if you propose some different content as proper oversight, you can skip - omit - the footnotes in very neat Bluebook form.