PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can anyone date and place this photo, please?
Old 13th Jan 2023, 13:21
CharlieMike

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by unmanned_droid
He seems to be at Montreal. In the link below, second photo down on the right hand side is an aerial view of Montreal old port - the middle section seems to be a good match for the background. Photo in the link is undated so its possible that the jettys were widened for double terminals, but i'm going on the large square door, 3 over door windows on the terminal, and then the storage buildings behind with semi circular upper edge windows.
The photo has a caption that says 1962 when you click the photo. I'm not really seeing the same match for the background buildings that you describe. Also, there are a lot of other pictures available of Montreal Port in this era through a google search. The far background should be more built up and I can't see a building match in any of the other historic photos showing Montreal Port in that approximate era (I can find a few different angles of that area).

I'm quite invested in this now! I would have thought between old photos online, google maps and street view it would be possible to pinpoint this assuming some permanance to the buildings.

Last edited by CharlieMike; 13th Jan 2023 at 13:57.