PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any experienced guys suffered loss of confidence?
Old 13th Jan 2023, 10:46
Uplinker

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts
We all go through this - after months with no problems, we suddenly go through a patch of bad landings or do something daft, (for example forgetting that the A330 I was flying was empty and therefore it did not slow down, so we were not stable for landing and had to go around.......ahem.)

Interestingly, looking in my logbook, (I always add comments when I do bad (and good) landings!); My best landings were usually with Captains I liked and got on with very well. My worst were often with someone I did not know or did not like !

So I would not worry unduly. You probably just need a holiday.

Having said that, I once barely passed a recurrent Sim, and could not understand why I had done so poorly and out of character. It was so confusing that I went to my GP and it turned out that I was suffering from stress and was signed off work immediately for 2 weeks. The thing was, I did not feel remotely stressed at all, I felt and behaved normally. So perhaps get that checked?

But almost certainly, you are just going through a slight dip. Just remember, the A320 is a fantastic aircraft. I wouldn't start doing things differently and taking out the excellent auto-thrust to try to help yourself at this stage.

Just relax in to it and enjoy !