PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duxford Beaufighter
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2023, 21:18
Flugzeug A

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
TFC’s website appears to be down , and tho’ I haven’t looked for a while , I don’t think they update it too regularly, so again , I’ll ask the endless sources here!
Any news on this?
I’d love it to fly here in the UK so I can see & hear it , and I understand that the issues with the engines were hopefully / potentially resolved a couple of years ago.
I know it was up for sale & probably still is but can anyone tell me if it’s progressing ( slowly ) or if they’ve stopped working on it?
There are 2 efforts underway here in the UK to get a Mosquito into our skies , tho’ tbh , I think they are both doomed to fail through lack of ££££.
I’m puzzled that no-one here in Blighty seems to have the same enthusiasm for the poor old Beau!
We’ve had ‘The people’s Mosquito’ as an organisation , I’d love to see ‘Britains’ Beaufighter’ or similar!
Is it simply that us enthusiasts - the ones most likely to pay to see it- would prefer to see a Mosquito & that therefore the 2 competing efforts are aiming at that aircraft?
At the end of the day , there ARE Mosquitos flying & more on the way , there’s only 1 Beau’ anywhere close to flight , and for now , it’s here in the UK.
A pity Shuttleworth can’t put something in place & raise funds to buy it , but as I’m fond of pointing out , I know nothing!
I’m hoping for some good news here folks...
Ta again!