PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2023, 14:24
Confusious

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CW247
I've failed the BA selection process 3 times in the past 20 years. Had another opportunity recently but I decided to pull out because I'm scarred by my previous experiences. BA's pre-simulator selection hoops are awful. Especially the interview which is just pretentious bo******. Every other airline job I've interviewed for (almost 10!) I've got the job. Such a shame, I act, talk and behave like your average Nigel and have wanted to fly red, white and blue all my life!
Pretentious and pompous sums it up and I've heard that many times. Here's the irony; BA CityFlyer pilots are all suitable to fly the Embraer into LCY and other CAT C airfields. All as a wholly owned subsidiary in the livery and uniforms of BA. However, their pilots have to jump through all the hoops if they wish to join the world's biggest flying club. Furthermore a lot of them get rejected which begs the question why are they allowed to return to CityFlyer as sub standard pilots? CE247, IMHO you are better off out of it.

Last edited by Confusious; 11th Jan 2023 at 15:01.