PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways new uniform
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2023, 21:20
inawordavortex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have taken two BA flights in the last four years ( pandemic interrupted of course) and not being a person who regularly flies International flights I was hugely disappointed with BA. Uniforms of their cabin crew were fine they were smart and just a uniform really all well booted and suited ,as far as I could see.

The aircraft on one occasion bit shabby, a bit off fluid leaking over a passenger doesn't help promote the airline. Not an airline pilot but I assumed probably part of the air con system all very well handled by the cabin crew. We all fly aircraft that may have or develop a non PAN emergency just a bit of a problem for the crew to deal with. For me it was the real face of the airline for jo traveller which is me and my family. Airlines like to promote better service for and I think me ( jo public) kinda like to think going on holiday paying a fair few bob you should make it a an enjoyable thing, but its not anymore.

I fear those days are gone the cabin crew after take off and in the cruise were not to be seen for the whole ten hours until about an hour before landing. I'm not blaming them at all, they did their occasional walk rounds but if a passenger wanted a drink the call button doesn't cut the mustard you have walk to back of aircraft to que to ask for one, The cabin crew were fantastic but I think restrained but SOPS or what ever you airline people call you normal operating procedures. WE can't expect 1st class service whilst in economy seats of course, just let your rear crew loose and do what they do well, be people persons.