PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Euroflyer
Thread: BA Euroflyer
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2023, 21:00
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cefey
I don't disagree with you and imo (for what it's worth) I think joining BA in the early 20s is the best move for most pilots.
Regarding the salary, the right thing would be to calculate for the entire career.
Let say OP is 25 and earns 3000£/month. In 3 years he'll upgrade to CPT and will get 6000£/month. Throw in LTC/TRI if that's on your mind.
Long story short, you set up two scenarios in excel, adding 40 values (25 - 65 yo) and summing it all up. I'm pretty sure FR will get way on top. Now you can add cost of lol, meals, teabags, uniforms, etc, etc. Depending how much time one is willing to spend, one can add pension (bring them to comparable level/contributions), train discounts - if applicable and so on.
Next step, take the difference, /40/12 - you see what the avg difference a month. This is pure maths, as objective as it gets.
Whatever it is, 50£ or 2000£ - now you can subjectively decide what you prefer.
"I'll get on avg 800£/month more at BA/FR, but I'll get 5/4 roster (or LH flights), etc, etc, etc."
The Euroflyer gig isn’t the best in terms of £££. Having seen the rosters they look lighter than RYR couple of days extra work over a month average. Hours at work looked less. Euroflyer is quicker upgrade than at mainline. I know a few captains joined BA back in 2018, redundant 2020 back at BA A320 LHS out of LGW. They had 0 A320 hours experience.
I don’t know anyone well enough at Euroflyer to ask them to show me a payslip.
A320 LHR and a close mate of mine takes home £4200 minimum year 2. I said somewhere else here he bagged an overtime trip that added £2k on to that!!! 40hrs of which he was sat by a pool!!! Not bad if you ask me.

10 years time even as LHR FO on current BA deal what it’s going to be £90ishk basic plus £15-20k extras.

At Euroflyer of course less but decide to move to LH and you will slide to that.

A final benefit is you can take your contract to a bank and get a decent mortgage. RYR Bluesky/STORM what ever they are dishing out now say you are employed on a 3 year contract. Jokers.

5 on 4 off is RYR only trump card. Yes it’s amazing to plan that far in advance but the rest is a joke.

These figures subject to change. BA it’s £3k a year pay rise.
RYR I do think there will be a pay rise this year. Possibly a big one. Will that stop people leaving? Not really. Will there be another pay cut? Possibly.

Last edited by AIMINGHIGH123; 5th Jan 2023 at 22:40.