PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rex Celebrating 20 Years
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2023, 03:46
43Inches

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladloy
I was going to make mention of the shutdown Rex had before christmas but I'm glad it's on that avherald list. I saw photos and it seemed pretty bad. So much oil pouring out the back. Another which never made the news or atsb was a oil leak soon after start in Armidale. The prop hub sprayed oil all over the fuselage.
The Rex Perth incident is on the ATSB investigation list. However I can't find any reference to the 717 shut downs, Dash-8 shut downs, Dash-8 depressurization and numerous other Q contract occurrences, some of which I witnessed/heard directly. There definitely seems to be a black hole of information relating to incidents at NJS and Easterns/Sunstate. Funny when your parent claims to be the safest airline for that year....A bit rich if the public can not access the information required to assess that claim.

parishiltons if you do some hunting on the below, whilst not 100% accurate, it gives a far list of incidents
The Aviation Herald
I can't find the NJS shut downs on that list either.

I think it's getting close to time somebody at ACA or such have a look at why these companies are not reporting or at least not providing public data on their incidents while other airlines show up regularly for lessor events. ATSB might end up with some big questions to answer.

Last edited by 43Inches; 4th Jan 2023 at 04:00.