PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of market share for cathay
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2022, 10:13
Bokpiel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VforVENDETTA
In a Bloomberg article dated Oct 13 2022. The deficit number forecast is cited at $159B and the shrinkage (GDP/economy) 3.2% sourced from a survey of 12 economists by bloomberg.

HK government's own website says -3.2 % shrinkage in 2022 alone, going down 3 years in a row so far. Interestingly it still states the budget deficit at $56B when Paul Chan financial secretary himself said " ... revised to over 100B" on Sep 18 2022. They can't even manage to put out the same official number, so how much credibility does it look like they have if you didn't already know their troubled relationship with the truth, HK gov.

So... do you get your news from the geoexpat? I F;ing hope you're joking.
What’s wrong with getting news from “the geoexpat”? The only way to get news there is if someone shares actual news articles from the news websites we all get our news from anyway. It’s not like people just make up unverified news. That’s not the point anyway. Point is it’s highly unlikely HK will raise taxes, especially when they are desperate to retain/attract talent and the economy is finally allowed to make money again.

For the record, I’m not defending anyone. I am just as pissed off at the HK gov (and CX) as anyone else. Just trying to be unbiased, but for some reason that seems to be illegal on the FH section of Pprune.