PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2022, 16:08
jeepys

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
To be, or not to be

If you want to believe in this product then you will generally see all the video presentations, arty pics and hype as positive. If you are not quite there yet but are on the fence, then you could go either way and positive steps forward (like a working engine) will help. Those that don't believe will never be swayed until the product is flying.
I guess I am on the fence and unfortunately not in the position to buy one. Whilst I accept all that has been shown so far, and feel the project is do-able, I cannot become too positive until I see a real engine, gearbox, blades etc. Everything so far has shown just a process and Mr Hill has been the only informative speaker about everything, whether it's composite, metalology, avionics, airframes etc. I don't see the mock fuselage that was on display recently as something to get excited about.
Have the investors been offered anything in return for their investment if the helicopter doesn't materialise, like a share in the value of the large facility that will hopefully gain planning permission and further build? I appreciate the value wouldn't cover all the deposits but it's the thought that counts!
Mr Hill, please push me onto the other side of the fence.