PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the AFPRB fit for purpose
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2022, 16:05
Scribbly

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lima Juliet
BEagle - posted to Brize? Then I would buy houses in and around the places ringed:

All of these areas have houses that would be affordable (no I wouldn’t buy a house within Swindon!) and are 30-40 minute commutable to Brize (especially using Home to Duty). Cartoontown near Brize is massively overpriced for what it is anyway, and so is Whitney. But go a little further afield there are some nice places to live that is affordable. Didcot and Wantage are possible too, but more expensive than those ringed.

Sorry but I have to stand up for Swindon! Not just easy access to Brize but to Corsham, Innsworth (whatever it is called now), GCHQ, AbbeyWood, Shrivenham, Lyneham, the Army units further south, and lots more places where you could get posted if you weren't flying. I even knew someone who commuted daily to High Wyc but that is a bit extreme tbh. Housing is affordable and the new places are very desirable, it's family-friendly with lots of green spaces, and plenty of mil people already living here. If you wanted to plonk your family in one place for stability and you do the commuting it's a good place to do it. Don't knock it until you've tried it!