PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Borderforce strike non event?
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2022, 14:08
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
Part of the problem here is that people are assuming the soldiers are not checking. I don’t think that’s the case. While they might not know, the office checking us did call for a supervisor and asked questions to confirm he was correct.

There is an assumption here that a slow system with queues is performing checks. While the reality perhaps is that the slow system is because there is only one desk open while during the strike all the desks are open hence moving much faster. The level of scrutiny is likely similar although the soldier was at least polite unlike most BF staff I’ve encountered.

There have been multiple occasions when I’ve arrived (especially during coronavirus) when BF officials have incorrectly claimed things and I’ve needed to argue and defend my position. For example, those who traveled weekly for work were exempt from the travel bans and testing/quarantine restrictions early on during the pandemic. BF officials on multiple instances told me I needed to isolate etc when I didn’t and I then had to spend time waiting for the officer in charge to correct them and explain I had actually followed the law and was correct. So we also shouldn’t just assume that BF staff correctly interpret rules and regulations without error.
The military are not acting alone the home office and management and other intelligence agencies REMAIN IN control