PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2022, 09:39
Bob Viking

Received 545 Likes on 147 Posts
A juxtaposition

AH’s defence team went to great lengths at his criminal trial to have him found not guilty because nobody could prove that cognitive impairment had not happened. The coroner stated that there was no evidence of impairment due to G forces. That is a very interesting clash of legal standpoints.

I realise it is probably too late for anything else to happen now but if I were a family member of the deceased I would still not feel that justice has been done.

We could argue about this until our dying days but the bottom line is that an inexperienced and under qualified individual was doing low level aerobatics at a venue that was unsuitable (at least unsuitable for an inexperienced and under qualified pilot).

I was not at the trial and I have not been through everything with a fine toothed comb but I have watched the videos in the public domain. That aircraft was being flown until impact.

I understand that there are those that still wish to defend AH and all credit to you. But there are those of us that have enough experience of flying jets to still know that a clever legal defence cannot change facts.

BV