PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Euroflyer
Thread: BA Euroflyer
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2022, 11:21
Alrosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jackiemkfok
Very much in the same position as you, I am totally with you on leaving with more or less 500hrs feels like wasting the TR with immense learning opportunities on RHS still to come, and the guys in the deck have a different vibe comparing to legacy . Have sent you a dm.
Those immense learning opportunities you mention are available to you at BA too, not just Ryanair. Your TR won’t be wasted - it’s not just about learning to fly a 737, many of the skills you acquired during your TR will be transferable to any other flightdeck.

As others have said, you need get over this “legacy” “us & them” mentality. Ask yourself where you want to be in 5-10 years, what you want out of flying, etc. That should inform your decision making.

For instance, if quick command is what you want over anything else, BA will not really give you that (maybe Euroflyer would I don’t know …)

If you’re able to wait for command and in the meantime enjoy seeing Europe, the world and flying different types of aircraft - well I would suggest Ryanair/low cost isn’t where it’s at.

Be honest with yourself, know what you really want and what can wait, and make an objective decision . Have many people have gone from Ryanair to BA ? How did it work out for them ? You could take that into consideration as evidence !

But don’t base decisions based on what you or others “think” it’s like.