PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH370 - "new" news
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2022, 02:21
dr dre

Received 350 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by MechEngr
I think there was a fire as happened on the ground - one that left the cockpit uninhabitable in seconds. The ground fire was so intense it could not be put out by the ground fire fighters for (I think) 30 minutes. The flight control computers are below the floor; mainly the controls will be at risk to a localized fire.It explains the climb as the pilots would be desperate to quench a fire behind a panel the extinguishers could not reach and there would be insufficient time to land before being forced from the controls even if by toxic smoke rather than heat. On the ground the fire burned a hole through the fuselage. That hole would disrupt the airflow a little, causing the plane, in free flight, to pull slightly to one side, a long curving course, although a slight thrust mismatch would do the same. Did the plane encounter a different wind direction or rising air that caused the turn?

The cascade of events from an oxygen fed fire are consistent. Others just don't appear to be.
So you think MH370 suffered an undetected ground fire (that then was fought by firefighters for 30 minutes - your story doesn’t make sense?). The fire then re-ignited after flight, incapacitated the crew and burned through the transponder but left all the other systems intact? Then the incapacitated crew still managed to alter course 4 times in over an hour to navigate around the northern tip of Sumatra but a tiny hole burned into the fuselage caused an imbalance in airflow directing the aircraft to the middle of the ocean?

I suggest you too read up on Occam’s razor.

The problem with these fantastical “decompression caused hypoxic pilots and erratic actions” and “smoke caused incapacitated pilots and erratic actions” stories is that MH370 was out of contact and under deliberate control for one hour until disappearing off the Indonesian coast. Someone was conscious in the flight deck and making control inputs but not communicating. Smoke inhalation incapacitates someone in at most a few minutes, decompression even in the best case scenario within 10 minutes.

Separating the outlandish variables leads to deliberate actions as the cause.

In my mind trying to find the wreckage is only going to confirm the pilot action theory. The CVR would’ve been overwritten so all that’ll be left is the FDR confirming pilot inputs. It won’t tell us WHY that decision was made.

The real investigation needs to be the family, friends, associates, internet usage, reports of the pilots (esp the Captain) starting from years before the crash.
The following users liked this post: