PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Former soldier convicted of manslaughter in NI troubles 1988
Old 7th Dec 2022, 07:48
MATELO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _Agrajag_
For goodness sake, tone down the hypersensitive, lets take this completely out of context in order to wind someone up for no purpose, mode!

My intent was very clear, and I was also a civil servant for 16 years after serving queen and country for 22 years before that. I was not in any way, shape or form, criticising civil servants, as you would realise if you had actually taken the time to read my post. What I was criticising was the merit of using the ratio of numbers of civil servants to the total population as a measure of success of a state or part thereof.

Would you argue that NI would be seen as a world beating state if 50% of the population were Met Office staff? I would guess you would not, any more than I would not argue that having 50% of the population of NI made up of civilian ROs was a good metric.

Sometimes it helps the flow of sensible intercourse to be reasonable and allow a bit of give and take, and not choose to be hyper-sensitive and criticise a point that has not even been stated.
Oh, but you were though.

Haven't seen a bigger backtrack since the Antonov missed his turn at Asi.