PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2022, 02:03
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Either be at a competitive disadvantage from Scotland where they have less capacity than QR for 6 months or double up the GLA flights.Or bin GLA and move it all to EDI. And before anyone says anything, I’m aware they have a lounge. Won’t stop them moving though I bet.
Having less capacity doesn't automatically mean disadvantaged. This is sheer "my airpor's better than yours". GLA is on the floor but as travel bounces
back, EDI may well remain Scotland's No. 1 airport but the notion that GLA would or should have nothing long haul is nonsense. It may be 2nd choice for inbound but no market likes a monopoly, and as and when EDI gets to the bursting at the seams point, people will look for other options. EDI is doing really well but I suspect WS swapping YYZ for YYC simply because they need to fly B787s they didn't cancel won't end well.

It's a finite market and we've been here before. Not every entrant is net new and as they battle for limited market share, expect something to give in the medium term.