PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Euroflyer
Thread: BA Euroflyer
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2022, 21:14
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320LGW
I'm actually a lot less experienced than you presume. I'm still <500hrs so quite inexperienced and still getting to grips with things. It has been a monumental effort up until this point with the rating and line training etc. This is what's making me think very hard about throwing it all away to go to EF when it's not even really BA. Right as I'm getting a good grounding in the 73.
The 5/4 is handy but I can work around it.
I do want to fly long haul
i don't mind commuting to LHR (though I haven't tried it so that's a guess)
I am still in my mid 20s .. so I'm thinking its a good time to join the MSL. I'm just having a hard time justifying throwing away all I've worked for so far in FR and what is perhaps the safest job in the industry (whilst I'm still vulnerable, because nobody will be interested in me with my hours if things go belly up whilst swapping companies)
You should definitely consider BA.

I know loads of guys at BA from all ages. Some even joined late 40s. If you’re from SE from all the info IMO it’s the best gig.
You have options. SH LH. Opportunity to go part time, adjust your roster etc. I’m with Blue and yellow and honestly they have messed up big time.
Ok you can get fast command but wake up people. The pay is not amazing for Captain.
RYR First year Captain £91500. Second year £98250.
Then £105k. Ok so I haven’t added sector etc.
RYR say Captains earn £136k but:

Allowance £6k
Annual Leave £3kish
Sector pay 850 hrs £14kish
Pension £8k.

These figures are added on top of basic.

Don’t forget out of this you have to pay LOL, Uniform, Company IDs, CAA/IAA fees etc etc Food, tea, coffee, ok we get free water now. Well done what an achievement.

Make contacts with guys/gals in BA. Ask them directly. I was always skeptical but starting adding it all together and it is a very good option. Small things add up.
RYR 5 on 4 off is the only good thing. From comparing rosters yes RYR actually have more days off over the year but man when you’re working 12 hr duties are pretty standard.

As White Van said: Look forward,10 years minimum!!!