PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting snippet on the state of the MOD housing stock
Old 1st Dec 2022, 17:41
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Having got banned from this section of Pprune a couple of years ago for , complaining, as a civilian how badly it seemed to me we treated our military i will risk it again.

I am not fan of having military forces on a scale we no longer need or cannot afford . I am not saying that is the case now but this Britains place in the world to me is pretty pathetic. HOWEVER, having lived in a big military area (Camberley/Sandhurst Aldershot/ Minley I have nothing but the greatest respect for those who serve and or who had served. I think it brings nothing but shame on Governments left and right , but mostly right because they present themselves as 'the soldier's friend ' allow situations like this to develop . To me it seems the very foundation of the 'contract' between a Government and its Armed Forces should be that they have, not just as a minimum, but a proper decent standard of housing. Military families also often have to move around at short notice and to locations not of their choosing and a should have the right to decent accomodation to bring up their families and that they can feel assured that when they are away for whatever reason their families have a safe comfortable home.
The fact that things have seemingly got this far is another illustration of the same kind of political hypochrasy of Johnson clapping the NHS but not paying them or funding it and you guys serving your/our country deserve better.