PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No assumed temperature for contaminated runway
Old 29th Nov 2022, 20:01
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gentlemen, respectfully.

The notion of 'firewalling TL is not a risk' was specifically used to compare the AST full thrust which is to a pretty much all reasonable extent covered by the certification and AFM data against over-boosting a pilot-selectable DRT beyond the arbitrary AFM limit all the way to the max-hardware setting. Where the risk of flipping over is very real. No need to capsize the topic over one word.

JT: The DRTs we talked about are pilot selectable. When the crew is allowed to save money (by using an option their airlines invested into) using DRT method or AST method, on wet runway both are allowed. On a frosty (contaminated) or watery (3mm+) AST is illegal yet DRT remains a possibility. I suspect you may have left some breadcrumbs in your post but cannot get the smell of them, apologies.

The fact that in certain ASDA scenarios DRT will pick more payload through lower control speed is understood. As much as I flex my brain (double pun intended), that is a parallel subject to the approved/not-approved case. Or?