PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norse Atlantic
Thread: Norse Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2022, 18:15
Gulf Julliet Papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biddedout
No, that's not OK either.

The comments about Norse are based on the discussion above about possible commuting contracts. This ultra Brexity government have taken away the right for UK crew including the many unemployed, to seek employment in Europe and yet they have effectively left the door wide open for UK airlines to recruit from the EU if they choose to. The opposition leader has been banging on about not returning to freedom of movement too (obviously unaware that it still exists for skilled workers) and insisting on more training UK workers. Bring it on. there are loads of UK pilots with the right experience and skillsets to choose from, the airlines just need to be nudged into providing appropriate refresher training, rather than going for the cheapest option.
As the politicians fight over who can be the keenest to train up UK workers and keep down on immigration, BALPA should be leading the way in calling for this to actually happen and for the suspension of new visas until it does.
So I believe the majority of the above should be a completely separate discussion away from Norse and their T&Cs. Just to clarify not everyone wants to live within 60 minutes of LGW or LHR but live in the UK, and have the right to, pay UK taxes and commute. A commuting-friendly contract would be welcomed in any airline, believe me.

My point is that two posters on here have stated that Norse are bypassing rules, importing staff, not involving the unions and not employing UK staff. Both posters have no source to share, nor proof of what they have put into the public forum. One has already admitted they have "no idea". Both posters did not post in the same style about IAG, TUI nor Easyjet. IAG and Easyjet combined had more pilots outsourced in Gatwick this summer than I'd imagine the whole Norse operation has... yet no criticism....

If I were interested in Norses T&Cs, I would rather know if those that are posting on that thread are guessing or clutching at straws, or educated on what they are posting about.

Maybe you can kindly answer the following questions, as this is a Norse T&C thread and not a hunch thread...
- Do Norse employ staff in the UK?
- Do Norse employ pilots and crew, in the UK?
- If so, are these staff outsourced or employed directly?
- Do Norse pilots have union recognition?