PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 29th Nov 2022, 03:00
Lalli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was planning to go to an integrated program in Poland but their next intake is autumn 2023 and have reconsidered to go the modular route after some reading here. The more I read into it, the more it makes sense and saves money. Not sure how much truth there is that airlines prefer grads from integrated programs but I think it could be marketing bs?
I'm also closer to 40 than 30 and was told (by another school in Spain) that airlines only want to hire under 35s these days... anyone have recent insight into this? I've also read the perpetual "Am I too old" thread, so it won't discourage me.

Anyway, I was going to start with ATPL theory (distance learning from Bristol ground school) and knock out the exams but apparently there's this:
Before you start your ATPL theory course, you must have a PPL(A) issued to International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards. This is a mandatory requirement, and you will be asked for your licence number when you register.

So I was thinking, isn't FAA PPL still ICAO standards? I hold US citizenship but I have a permanent residence card in an EU country due to family ties, with the unrestricted right to work in EU

I was thinking: PPL and IR in the States then returning back to Europe to do ATPL theory distance learning, then sitting the exams. Do I need to convert the PPL and IR ratings from FAA to EASA?

Next, CPL, ME, UPRT (at BartoliniAir, Poland) followed by Ryanair
mentored APS MCC at AFA Dublin.

Can I have your opinion on this plan?

How many hours should I have with PPL and IR in the States before returning back to Europe?