PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022
Old 27th Nov 2022, 01:02
debbieitaly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ash380
Good Luck those waiting 😃 i start GS on NOV 7 can’t wait not to far off now. I met a Qantas cabin crew at my gym who works in recruiting at Qantas. She told me Qantas still make candidates unsuccessful even after medicals as they do a final excec review and cull at the very last stage. Also she told me your AD date has no effect on GS date as they fill GS on rank markings so someone from September AD may get GS date b4 someone who did AD earlier as they scored higher, that’s why they continue to recruit as they want the best candidates for the role.
Originally Posted by EkAdelaide
Hi everyone, I’m attending an AD in Sydney next week 😊

Can someone please share what’s involved in getting a water competency certificate? What type of swimming activities do you need to demonstrate? Is it difficult to pass?

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences on this forum, and good luck to everyone on this journey!
Seriously, don't be one bit worried about it, it's so easy, and that's coming from someone who was never a strong swimmer. You just have to swim up and back a 50-meter pool, any stroke of your choice, and tread water for 3 mins, which is basically like dog paddle staying still. It literally only takes 5 mins if that. You'll be fine